How to Prepare for a Professional Corporate Headshot
By: HeadshotsLA.com – Joshua Michael Shelton
Preparing for headshots is easy and fun. Just follow my bullet points below. The more prepared you are for your photoshoot, the better the photos will turn out. So start pulling out your best outfit and make your plan to ace your headshot session.
- Wrinkle Free/Iron Free Shirts
- Suit Coat that fit well and that do not cause wrinkles. Make sure you can button the Coat. Buttoning the Suit Coat gives better shape.
- Try on your clothes well before your photoshoot. Assess how it will act in the mirror well before your photoshoot. This way you will have time to run out to get new clothes if needed.
- Glare Free Glasses, if you wear glasses and if possible
- Nice hair cut
- Clean and natural makeup for girls. Matte Lips and natural lip color. No dark eye makeup.
- Avoid busy patterns. Solid colors are best. Patterns are commonly impossible to retouch if a wrinkle occurs.
- Color coordinate with everyone in the office. Dark Blue suits and white shirts or Black suits, blue shirts and red ties, etc. Come up with a plan befitting your tastes.
- Natural Tears Eye Drops are good to use the morning of the shoot if you are prone to red, dry eyes.
- Buy a new suit or outfit for the photoshoot. The hope is that this headshot will last as your professional images for many years to come. Don’t miss this opportunity to look your best.
- Get rest and exercise before your shoot. A week of good diet and exercise helps to give that healthy glow. Avoid salt the day before and day of the shoot. This will help you to not retain excess water.
- Don’t stress. A photoshoot is nothing to stress over. It will be quick and painless; I promise. Just prepare the best you possibly can and come ready to let go and have fun.