Headshots LA Photoshoot Check List
Preparing for a photoshoot can be stressful and overwhelming. Not sure of what to bring or what will be needed to improve your photography session. Many fall into a state of panic and some make a checklist.
I want to help everyone feel prepared and so they can relax and enjoy the process of taking photos. I’m going to give you my preparation techniques and you can decide which would work best for you.
One Week Before
- Hair Cut – Great time to get a haircut so it has time to grow out and not look so freshly cut.
- Body Hair – Eyebrows, Nose Hairs.
- Tanning – Please don’t start tanning if you don’t already have a tan. Do not spray tan if you have never done it before. Go with what you got.
- Try to get extra cardio the week before a shoot. This will give you more energy for the week of your shoot.
- Stretch. Stretching removes toxins and makes you feel loose. Hopefully that will help you loosen up in front of the camera too.
- Drink plenty of water the week before your shoot. Hydration makes the body work efficiently. I want to capture the best of you and that means you need to be hydrated.
- Avoid large amounts of alcohol or other substances before your shoot.
- Plan each outfit by thinking about how it will read on camera. Go over my tips for wardrobe on my website. Here is the link. Click Here
- Go through your closet and see what you can use. Make of list of things you need to buy to fill in the gaps.
- Purchase borrow or create the things you need to finish your outfits.
- Bring more alternate options or email me your wardrobe photos for my opinion.
Day Before the Photoshoot
It’s pretty straight forward. But it never hurts to say the obvious.
- Eat really healthy the day before
- Have everything organized days before. This way you have a clear mind the day before.
- Meditate, clear your mind and then focus on confidence and posture
- Get 8 hours of sleep. No more no less. I hear that is the magical number
Day of the Photoshoot
- eat a health breakfast
- stretch and do light cardio
- meditate again to clear your mind. 5 minutes is fine
- relax, it’s going to be a great day